Information sheets are available in the following categories:
- The Guardianship Tribunal
- Guardianship and Financial Management
- Plan for the future – Enduring Guardianship and Enduring Power of Attorney
- Consent to Medical or Dental Treatment
- Information in other languages
- Other publications available from the Guardianship Tribunal
- The Role of the Guardianship Tribunal - about the role and functions of the Guardianship Tribunal
- Three Separate Organisations - about the roles of the Guardianship Tribunal, the NSW Trustee and Guardian and the Public Guardian.
Getting ready for your hearing -
Has an application been made about you? This sheet has information about getting ready for your hearing.
- Providing Information to the Tribunal - information about providing information to the Tribunal and confidentiality.
- Financial Management & Guardianship Reviews & Appeals - reviews and appeals of Guardianship Tribunal orders and decisions.
- Financial Management Reviews & Appeals
- Guardianship Reviews & Appeals
- Signing an ACCR (3020 form) - information on who can sign an Aged Care Client Record (formerly a 2624 form).
- Guardianship and Restrictive Practices - information about guardianship orders and a restrictive practices function.
- Planning Ahead - Information about Enduring Guardianship
- Planning Ahead - Guide and Appointment of Enduring Guardian Form
- Planning Ahead - Notice of Resignation and Revocations of Appointment Forms
- Planning Ahead - Information about Enduring Power of Attorney
- Reviews of Enduring Powers of Attorney and Reviews of Revocations of Enduring Powers of Attorney - information about how to make an application to review an enduring power of attorney or a revocation.
- Appeals of Reviews of Enduring Powers of Attorney - information about appeals from decisions of the Guardianship Tribunal in relation to reviews of enduring powers of attorney.
- Appeals of Reviews of Enduring Guardianship Appointments - information about appeals from decisions of the Guardianship Tribunal in relation to review of enduring guardianship appointments.
- Information about Consent to Medical or Dental Treatment
- Consent to Medical or Dental Treatment Appeals - information about appeals from decisions of the Guardianship Tribunal in relation to applications for consent to medical or dental treatment.
- Person Responsible - an explanation of this role.
- Special Medical Consent for the Under-16s - information on the Tribunal's jurisdiction under the Children and Young Persons (Care and Protection) Act.
- Special Medical Consent Guidelines - information about consent for treatments in the 'special medical' category.
- Clinical Trials - about the Tribunal's role in approving clinical trials.
- Guardianship Hearings
- What Happens After a Guardianship Order is Made
- Reviews of Guardianship Orders
- Financial Management Hearings
- What Happens After a Financial Management Order is Made
- Reviews and Revocations of Financial Management Orders
- Who is a party to Guardianship Tribunal Proceedings
Applying to be Joined as a Party to Proceedings -
information on the parties, their entitlements and how to become joined as a party.
- Legal Representation at Hearings
- Separate Representation - on having separate legal representation at hearings.
An information sheet explaining what the work of the Guardianship Tribunal is available in the following languages.